In this article, we are comparing the Microsoft Visio Plan 1 vs Plan 2 to better understand the product choices.
Microsoft Visio is designed to create diagrams, and it handles the task more conveniently when compared to the other platforms that promise to do it. Right from flowcharts to graphs to floor plans, you would find that Microsoft Visio as one of the excellent choices.
You can use Microsoft Visio for a wide range of application areas. It can be used for both simple and complicated diagrams. You can utilize the platform with a wide range of tools, such as built-in shapes, objects, and stencils. The key is the help you create your diagrams rather simple and more accessible. As long term users, we use Visio and make diagramming easier.
Microsoft made Visio available under the Online subscription model with two different subscription plans. Visio Online went into service in March 2017 and was made available as part of the Office 365 subscribers. Microsoft Visio Online Plan 1 is available at $5 per user per month, while Plan 2 is equipped with expanded options with a subscription charge of $15 per month per user.
Microsoft Visio Plan 1 vs Plan 2:
How do the two plans compare with one another? Let us check out the salient features offered by each of the programs.
Microsoft Visio Plan 1 – An Overview
The plan provides you access to an enhanced experience in making you’re diagramming extremely simple and easy. It can create a wide range of diagrams that include flowcharts, diagrams, org charts, floor plans, engineering designs, and many more other drawings. The integrated Microsoft Office experience should further improve your experience.
Some of the salient features offered by the Microsoft Visio Plan 1 would include –
- Easier collaboration options to work together – While you can create your diagrams easily with the tool, you would also be able to collaborate and work in sync with your teammates. You can even add feedback through the comments posted online.
- OneDrive Cloud storage- Visio Plan 1 comes with 2 GB of free OneDrive cloud storage. You can even store and share your data seamlessly with the included online cloud storage.
- Regular Updates – Get assured scheduled updates to your apps. This will ensure that you have access to the latest updates. Visio is always connected to the internet, and this will keep your Visio app continually updated.
- Build your diagrams with built-in templates – Microsoft Visio comes with a massive number of templates that let you create layouts of varied nature. You can create block diagrams, flowcharts, timelines, and other specifications.
- Easier sharing options – Visio provides you access to an enhanced experience in sharing your diagrams with practically everyone on the web. You can be assured of the best degree of visibility and compliance.
- Anywhere access – Microsoft Visio is accessible on the go. The online availability will ensure that you can access your creations on the go anywhere – either on apps or on a browser.
- Get around the clock support – You can be assured of constant support from Microsoft.
- Familiar Experience – Begin your diagramming exercises right away with plenty of templates, modern UI, and access to your regular Office apps.
You can be assured of a wholly professional and collaborative experience. You can visualize and communicate your ideas from practically anywhere. A versatile functionality that works with varied needs in diagramming would be what would make it one of the extremely preferred options ever.
The plan is available for $5 per user per month with the annual commitment. If you are opting for a monthly commitment, you would be charged at $6 per user per month.
Microsoft Visio Plan 1 has the following options –
- Get access to both the web version and an offline version of the app.
- Get a 2 GB OneDrive cloud storage.
- You can begin diagramming with an intuitive interface that provides you with a more straightforward UI.
- You can pick your pick of templates, shapes, and starter diagrams.
- You get 24/7 around the clock support.
- Use Visio in sync with Microsoft Teams.
- You can share and save your work on the web and have access to it from practically anywhere.
Compatibility – Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10, 32-bit or 64-bit OS only
Microsoft Visio Plan 2 – A Sneak Peek
The Microsoft Visio Plan 2 can be an extension of Plan 1. It takes ahead the reins from where Plan 1 leaves it. The plan lets you connect your Visio plan with Microsoft 365. It can help create professional-quality flowcharts and diagrams while being connected to the real-time data.
Some of the features offered by Microsoft Visio Plan 2 can include –
- Get access to it from anywhere – Accessibility from anywhere with the iPad app or through a browser makes it one of the excellent options. You will get access to an always-connected atmosphere.
- Versatility and flexible templates – Visio Plan 2 provide you access to readymade templates, themes, and multiple shapes. You have access to more than 250,000 shapes to choose from.
- Bring your diagrams to life – You can convert your complex ideas into simple shapes and layouts. You can work with a huge number of data overlays, colors, icons, and graphic options.
- Importing DWG files – You can even use Visio with AutoCAD. This provides you access to an advanced level of visualization.
- Support for a wide range of industry standards to choose from – The templates and drawings created on Visio plan 2 are compatible with industry standards that include Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.5, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0, and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Easier Collaboration – Multiple users working on the same project can ensure that you can create your diagrams and shapes rather quickly and faster. Collaboration can be achieved with the help of a web-based link, attachment, PowerPoint, image, or PDF.
- OneDrive cloud storage – You get access to 2 GB of free OneDrive cloud storage. This can be useful in storing and sharing your ideas with ease.
- Customized experience – Microsoft Visio provides you access to a beautifully customized experience through a robust architecture and gets access to a high degree of personalization.
If you are exclusively into diagramming and want a tool that is rather simple and easy to work with, Visio Plan 2 should be one of the excellent options. The Built-in data graphics can be yet another excellent option to ensure that you will get access to a real-world visualization.
The plan is available at $15 per user per month if you are opting for an annual commitment. If you are opting for the monthly commitment, you will be charged at $ 18 per user per month.
Visio Plan 2 comes with the following options –
- You can get access to the offline Visio app on up to 5 devices.
- 2 TB of OneDrive for Business cloud storage per user.
- You can get all the features available on Plan 1 on this plan as well. You can also get access to additional features in the form of Microsoft Flow or Word, Excel data visualizer, and PowerPoint slide snippets.
- Connectivity with external data sources. You can embed Visio diagrams with Power BI (of course, you will need to opt for Power BI separately).
- You can store and share your work almost anywhere.
- You also get 27/7, round the clock support from Microsoft.
Compatibility – Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10, 32-bit or 64-bit OS only
How do the Two plans compare with each other?
Well, that was all about Visio Plan 1 and Plan 2 and a concise overview of the two plans. However, having a head to head comparison between the two can help arrive at the best possible experience in differentiating them.
|Features||Visio Plan 1||Visio Plan 2|
|Templates and modern UI||Yes||Yes|
|Options to create block diagrams, flowcharts, timelines, and Specification and Description Language (SDL) diagrams||Yes||Yes|
|Sharing via a web-based link, attachment, image, or PDF||Yes||Yes|
|Replay comments online||Yes||Yes|
|Cloud storage||Yes, 2 GB||Yes, 2 GB|
|Up to date desktop app availability||No||Yes|
|Support for industry standards||No||Yes, support for BPMN 2.0, UML 2.5, and IEEE|
|Templates||No||readymade templates and 250,000 shapes|
|Easy creation and customization of diagrams||No||Yes|
|Integration with Power BI||No||Yes|
|Support for AutoCAD drawings||No||Yes|
|Communication||No||Yes, in a browser or iPad app|
|Microsoft 365 support||No||Yes|
The Closing Thoughts
Well, that was the complete comparison between the two plans available under Microsoft Visio. We assume the information offered here should ideally help you get access to an enhanced experience. The details shared here should ideally help you pick the right plans based on the precise requirements you may have.
Check out the options and plans shared above and get access to the best possible experience ever.
Disclaimer: The Questions and Answers provided on https://www.gigxp.com are for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
What is the difference between Visio 1 and 2? ›
A lightweight version of Visio is now included with all commercial SKU of Microsoft 365 and is known as Visio in Microsoft 365. It has two other subscription based SKUs. Visio Plan 1 includes the Visio web app whereas Visio Plan 2 provides access to both the web app as well as the Desktop application.What does Visio Plan 2 include? ›
Visio Plan 2 includes Visio web version, Visio desktop app, and 2GB of OneDrive- allowing you to create professional diagrams effortlessly, collaborate, and connect your diagrams to real-time data.What are the two different editions in Microsoft Visio? ›
The versions of Microsoft Visio include 1.0 to 5.0, 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007. Microsoft revealed Visio 2010 as the official successor of Office Visio 2007. Microsoft gained control of Visio when it was in the fifth edition and released version 2000.What are the different versions of Visio? ›
Microsoft Visio is sold as an addition to MS Office. Visio 2019 - the latest version - comes in three editions: Visio Standard, Visio Professional, and Visio Pro for Office 365.What version of Visio works with Office 365? ›
You must be using at least Version 2108 of Microsoft 365 Apps, because that's the earliest version that recognizes Project 2021, Visio LTSC 2021, and Visio 2021. To see which update channels that Version 2108 or later is available in, see Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps.Can you download Visio Plan 2? ›
If you have Visio Plan 2 or a non-subscription version such as Visio Professional or Visio Standard 2021, 2019, 2016, or 2013 you can install and use the desktop app.Is Visio Plan 2 free? ›
Visio Plan 2 with Desktop app costs $15.00 per month/user.How does Visio 2 work? ›
Get Visio and the always up-to-date Visio desktop app, for use on up to five PCs, and 2 GB of OneDrive for Business cloud storage. Enjoy everything in Plan 1 plus exclusive Plan 2 features such as export to Microsoft Flow or Word, Excel data visualizer, and PowerPoint slide snippets.How do I know if I have Visio Plan 2? ›
To see which version you are using, go to "My account" on office.com, then search that page for Visio. See this page to try or buy one of the Visio subscription plans.What's the difference between Visio Standard and Visio Pro? ›
Visio Professional includes a few more customizable shapes and built-in tools that will allow the creation of professional diagrams in less time.
Is Microsoft Visio end of life? ›
Visio 2021 - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Learn. This browser is no longer supported. Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.How much does it cost to add Visio to Office 365? ›
Visio in Microsoft 365 brings core Visio capabilities to Microsoft 365 commercial subscribers at no additional cost. Create, edit, and share diagrams—either in Visio for the web or directly in Microsoft Teams—as part of your Microsoft 365 subscription.How do I know which version of Visio I have? ›
Click the File tab in the top left corner and select Account. You version number will be listed on the right.What is the replacement for Visio? ›
Lucidchart lets you create both simple and complex diagrams in minutes with easily customizable templates, hundreds of drag-and-drop shapes, and collaborative features. It's the perfect cloud-based Microsoft Visio online alternative for every user, every industry, and every budget.Is Visio Plan 2 the same as professional? ›
In addition to outlining those plans, Microsoft's announcement explained that "Visio Online Plan 2 is the new name for Visio Pro for Office 365."What happened to Visio in Office 365? ›
Diagramming for everyone, Microsoft announced on the 9th of June 2021 that they will be bringing a lightweight, web version of Visio to Microsoft 365. Visio has been available as a standalone application for purchase for a long time, available on a specific plan just for Visio.Why is Visio not in 365? ›
Is Visio included with Office 365? Microsoft Visio Online is included with Office 365 for viewing and sharing capabilities. But it doesn't include create/edit rights. So even though the tool is part of the Office 365 family, you'll have to buy Visio to create original diagrams.How much is Visio per year? ›
Visio Online Plan 1: $5/user/month (billed annually) or $6/user/month (billed monthly). Visio Online Plan 2: $15/user/month (billed annually) or $18/user/month (billed monthly). Visio is a great tool for modeling and any other format to produce a diagram.
You can install and use the desktop app if you have Visio Plan 2 or a non-subscription version such as Visio Professional or Visio Standard 2021, 2019, 2016, or 2013. If you have Visio Plan 1, the only way for you to access Visio is via the web app version.Can I get Microsoft Visio for free? ›
It only takes a few clicks to create professional-looking charts, process flow diagrams and other useful documents using Visio, an application you will not find in a Microsoft Office suite. While Visio is not free, Microsoft gives computer owners the ability to download a trial version of the program for free.
Can I use Visio on multiple computers? ›
You can install Visio Online on up to five devices.Can you install Visio without a license? ›
Is there a free version of Visio for the web? Yes, you can use Visio for the web without a license to view basic Visio files. Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account, upload the Visio file to OneDrive, and then select the file there to open it.Does Office 365 include Visio and Project? ›
Visio Online for Office 365
It is also available for download in the Office 365 software portal (https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx).
The differences are minor if you are just using Visio for creating charts and diagrams. Visio Professional adds increased functionality like some collaborative features, which you might need in larger organizations and companies. There are some increased security measures in professionals as well.Can Visio replace AutoCAD? ›
Many of the companies we work with at Visimation use Visio as a low cost and more sensible alternative to CAD systems like AutoCAD, MicroStation, ProE, and more. While CAD has its strengths, we find that as many as 80% of CAD users can perform their work more efficiently and at lower cost if they were to use Visio.What is Visio best used for? ›
Visio lets you transform complicated text and tables that are hard to understand into visual diagrams that communicate information at a glance. There are many kinds of Visio diagrams, including organization charts, network diagrams, workflows, and home or office plans.What is Visio best for? ›
With Visio on your PC or mobile device, you can: Organize complex ideas visually. Get started with hundreds of templates, including flowcharts, timelines, floor plans, and more. Add and connect shapes, text, and pictures to show relationships in your data.Can I buy Microsoft for lifetime? ›
A lifetime license gets you access to the Office 2021 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote (the Windows package(opens in a new tab) also includes Publisher and Access). You'll receive license keys for each platform immediately upon purchase, as well as download links for quick setup.What does Visio stand for? ›
Visio is Latin for "vision", and in English often refers to the literary genre of dream vision: Visio Tnugdali, "The Vision of Tnugdalus"Can you get Visio for personal use? ›
Each version of Visio, Visio 2019, 2016, and 2013 comes in either Standard or Professional. Whether you pick Standard or Professional depends on your personal or professional needs and how you're going to use Visio. Installing one of these versions requires two things: a Microsoft account and a product key.
How do I insert Visio into Word 365? ›
In Visio, open the file you want to appear in the Word document. Make sure nothing is selected, and then, on the Home tab, click Copy or press Ctrl+C. In Word, click where you want the Visio drawing to appear and then click Paste or press Ctrl+V. By default, the drawing opens to the first page.What is latest version of Visio Pro? ›
- Create professional diagrams easily with ready-made templates and shapes.
- Build and validate diagrams that support industry standards, including BPMN 2.0 and UML 2.5.
- Use your finger or pen to draw and take notes naturally on touch-enabled devices.
Visio 2016 - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Learn. This browser is no longer supported. Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.How do I find my Visio license in Office 365? ›
If you have purchased the Visio license in the same tenant, you can go to the Office 365 admin center > USERS >Active Users > select a user you'd like to assign > find Assigned license and click Edit button On the bottom-right of the page > Choose the purchased license you want to assign and click SAVE.What is Google's version of Visio? ›
There is another tool buried in Google Docs that we haven't yet looked at during our 30 Days With…Google Docs–Drawing. The Microsoft Office equivalent, or counterpart, would be Visio, although Visio is an additional purchase that is not part of the Microsoft Office bundles.Can you edit a Visio drawing in Word? ›
To modify the Visio diagram you have pasted or inserted in the Word file, select the Visio diagram and then go to the Linked Visio Object present in the context menu. As you click on the Edit Link or Open link from the submenu, the Visio tool launches, and the diagram opens. Now you can edit the diagram or view it.How can I tell which version of Visio I have? ›
Click the File tab in the top left corner and select Account. You version number will be listed on the right.Is Visio Plan 2 professional? ›
The Visio Plan 2 license is best for users who need to create professional business diagrams that meet industry standards and can be connected to data. It is also the only way for Western faculty and staff to obtain the Visio desktop app.Is Visio being discontinued? ›
The status of Visio Web Access in SharePoint has changed. The service remains supported, but is deprecated. The retirement date for Visio Web Access in SharePoint* (in Microsoft 365) will be announced in the future. Microsoft recommends that customers migrate to Visio for the web.Does Visio included in Office 365? ›
Visio in Microsoft 365 brings core Visio capabilities to Microsoft 365 commercial subscribers at no additional cost. Create, edit, and share diagrams—either in Visio for the web or directly in Microsoft Teams—as part of your Microsoft 365 subscription.
What is the difference between Visio Professional and Standard? ›
Visio Professional includes a few more customizable shapes and built-in tools that will allow the creation of professional diagrams in less time.Can I view Visio for free? ›
Download Visio Viewer to see diagrams made in Visio for Desktop. Use Visio Viewer to view or print files for free without an on-premise version of Visio installed.